[Coco] Error in vcc or RGBDOS

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sat Sep 8 21:57:29 EDT 2012

Luis Fernández wrote:

> Not if I'm wrong about something but if
> I start with RGBDOS vcc and NITROS9.VHD
> No disk in drive 0
>

> DIR ----> DRIVE = 0, FREE = 0 (OK VHD drive 0 Empty)
> DIR ----> DRIVE = 1, FREE = 0 (OK VHD drive 1 all files)
> DRIVE OFF (OK)
> DIR -----> I / O EROR (OK No disk in drive 0)
> DRIVE ON (OK)
> DIR -----> I / O EROR (NOT OK)
> DIR1 -----> I / O EROR (NOT OK)
> DIR n -----> I / O EROR (NOT OK)
>

> Just off and on, it repairs

Luis,

Which version of VCC are you using? I'm using VCC 1.42 so what I say applies to
that version.

What do you see on the screen when you start up VCC? With the FD-502
cartridge\configuration menu set to use RGBDOS, there are one of two things you
should see depending on the contents of drive0 on the .vhd image.

1)
HARD DISK BASIC
BASED ON CODE IN RGBDOS
ORIGINAL (c) 1986, 1989
RGB COMPUTER SYSTEMS

CHANGES FOR EMULATOR BY R.GAULT
MAY 2002

OK

2) If there is on the .vhd drive0 the program AUTOEXEC.BAS, then you will see
whatever that program is designed to do.

In the first case, the default mode is for drives 0-3 to be active on the .vhd
image and the floppies OFF. The default drive will be drive0 on the .vhd image.

Based on what you reported, it looks as if you have not correctly mounted the
.vhd image or it is corrupted. I'm assuming you downloaded the image from the
VCC site.