[Coco] Recovering a damaged cassette file

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Tue Sep 4 21:07:00 EDT 2012

I have a program saved on tape that I would love to recover.
The problem is that the tape as a "drop" near the end of the file.
Has anyone ever been able to recover, at least partially a damaged
cassette file?

I was thinking about just copying and pasting a good section of the file
on top of the damaged one, using Audacity ( an audio editor )

Any suggestions on what to do?

In case it helps, here is a screenshot of the last section of the
waveform. You can see 2 drops, a small, sharp one first, and a bigger
one almost at the end.
www.yaccs.info/MyDoD.jpg

Thanks to all,

Diego