[Coco] Has anyone done an Angry Birds port on the CoCo?

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:59:42 EDT 2012

Don't be fooled by Angry Birds "2d like graphics". There is a bad-ass
physics engine running under the hood. It's called Box2D. And this
engine is too heavy for a coco. It demands tons of floating point
calculations. Can you convert to fixed point ? Maybe.

But a simple rotation in 2D space needs a 2x2 floating point matrix
multiplication. Not to mention normalized vectors (the very basic item
of all engines) which demands square roots and divisions.

Doing an angry birds with dummy physics would not be fun...