[Coco] Dragon & Drivewire

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Oct 29 19:52:16 EDT 2012

On Monday 29 October 2012 19:37:14 Darren A did opine:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Ken H. <dragon.atv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks, Darren
> > Would a 74LS04 inverter work? How exactly should it be wired?
> > Ken
>
> Yes. A 74LS04 would work nicely.  GND to pin 7.  +5V to pin 14.  Data
> in (from dragon) to pin 1.  Data out (to level shifter) on pin 2.
>
> Darren

Don't leave the other 5 inputs floating Darren.

I once spent 5, maybe 6 years, running a problem with that sort of thing
down, in $5500 worth of stuff made by Chyron.  An automatic station ID logo
only worked about 30% of the time. If only using 1 inverter of the 6 in
that chip, tie the other 5 inputs high or low, which is 3, 5, 9, 11 & 13. I
usually ground them, but tied high, the chip uses 1/3rd the current,
slightly important if powered by the CoCO/Dragon's puny supply.