[Coco] Dragon & Drivewire

Luis Fernández luis46coco at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:33:39 EDT 2012

Hello allam very interested in the subject you touch

In this regard
> One thing I did wonder is why the coco1 is limited to 33K Whereas the> CoCo2 and the Dragon can reach 56K It Seems? Is this due to the CoCo2> Having better transmission than the coco1 circuitry, IIRC Which uses> Op-amps as level shifters. If this is the case then the retro-fitting> MAX202 circuit to to enable it to coco1 Also might reach 56K. I'll give> This a go at some point.
I think the problem is that the coconut was bringing 4k, 16k, or 32k and the rest was rom and ram but could not get more ram for basic, in coco2 already has 64K actual basic and improved ram which changes to rom while running and let free to 56k basic, the coco1 could do if placed 64k basic + 1.1 (basic + extbasic of coco2) simply (I think, correct me if I'm wrong)