[Coco] nitros9 level3

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Oct 20 13:30:51 EDT 2012

On Saturday 20 October 2012 13:28:13 Lothan did opine:

> From: Gene Heskett
>
> > Aaron:  I have installed mercurial, and configured my bashrc's to
> > include the /etc/bash_completion.d/mercurial file.
> >
> > But the hgrc files installed are empty of any active content, and from
> > reading the man pages I don't have a clue what to put in them.  Are
> > there any examples extant that can be shared?
>
> I've never looked at the hgrc file on Linux, but it's probably similar
> to the one in Windows. If it's like the one in Windows, it has a list
> of options that are different from the defaults along with a path to
> your default editor, diff tool, and so forth. I'll update my Ubuntu VM
> and let you know what's in mine later today if someone doesn't beat me
> to it.
>
> > Once that has been solved, what would a command line to pull the repo
> > with hg look like?
>
> There are a couple of ways to go about it. If you want to clone the
> NitrOS-9 repository into the current folder, you can use this one:
>
> hg clone http://nitros9.hg.sourceforge.net:8000/hgroot/nitros9/nitros9
>
> When I say current folder, I mean something like ~/src/nitros9 or
> /usr/src/nitros9 where nitros9 is the current folder.
>
> Alternatively, you can specify the relative or full path to the folder
> you want to use and hg will create it if it doesn't exist:
>
> hg clone http://nitros9.hg.sourceforge.net:8000/hgroot/nitros9/nitros9
> ~/src/nitros9
>
> > And one to just pull any updates without destroying any local work
> > since the last pull?
>
> cd into the root of your local repository (e.g. cd ~/src/nitros9) and
> then pull and update:
>
> hg pull
> hg update
>
> or you can pull --update (or pull -u) to do both at once:
>
> hg pull --update
>
> If you want to browse the options and command, you can run "hg help" or
> "hg help command", like this
>
> hg help
> hg help pull
> hg help update
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that when you clone a Mercurial repository,
> you clone the whole thing -- it's basically an exact copy of the
> original repository at that point in time. When you do an hg pull and
> hg update (or hg pull --update), it grabs only the latest commits from
> the host that you don't have just as you would expect.
>
> I mention this because you can make changes to any files in your local
> copy of the repository and when you commit the changes (hg commit), the
> changes are committed only to your local repository. If you have write
> permission to the master repository on SourceForge, you'll need to "hg
> push" your changes to the master at some point (usually when whatever
> you are working on is complete and ready for the public).
>
> To your specific question: When you pull/update from the master to your
> local repository, Mercurial does not clobber any changes in your local
> [...]
Thanks, I might try that last line in a few minutes, after I have moved
/opt/nitros9 out of the way.

What about passwords for push security?  Does that carry over from the old
account?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If Bill Gates is the Devil then Linus Torvalds must be the Messiah.
		-- Unknown source