[Coco] OS-9 coco2b lowercase

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Oct 19 23:15:29 EDT 2012

I think you're mistaking your Extended Basic version (1.1?) which
appears on the startup screen with the Color Basic version (1.3?) that
you have to look for within the Color Basic ROM space ($A000-BFFF)
somewhere (anybody got the PEEK address for the Ascii "3" in "1.3"?)
Or possibly mistaking the Color Basic version for the Disk Basic
version, if you're doing this with a disk controller in the cartridge
slot.

I'm not certain whether all Color Basic 1.3 CoCos in fact had true
lowercase.  That there are 4464 DRAM chips need not imply that the VDG
is the lowercase-capable 6847A (?) version.

Also, I think Boisy might be mistaken in that I believe (memory is
fuzzy about this, tho) that Color Basic 1.2, not 1.3, was the first to
support 64K.  In fact, come to think of it, I'm not sure that 1.3
wasn't introduced with the CoCo 3 and not used at all in CoCo 2s.

Art