[Coco] Update announce for gsort

Lothan lothan at newsguy.com
Fri Oct 19 00:30:05 EDT 2012

From: Gene Heskett

> Building this however, using the assembler I was, was a cast iron bitch!
>
> It seems this assembler, and my term screen seems to be locked up until I
> go tap the reset key & reboot, is case sensitive, but ONLY for the defs,
> and to get gsort to assemble, I had to go through it and make every
> variable defined in defs/os9defs as partially uppercased, it had to match
> how it was shown in the defsfile.  I never ever had to fight with cases in
> the defines in years past.  That, to get them all fixed, was around 20
> passes with vim to fix all those, and which should not have been required.
> Not on OS9, it famously is not case sensitive.

Which assembler are you using? I'm just mildly curious because as best I can
remember asm was case-insensitive and RMA was case-sensitive. It's been a
long time since I poked into the guts of these beasts, though. If I need to
assemble anything these days, I usually use mamou from Toolshed and copy the
binary to a VHD.