[Coco] cowin vs cogrf question

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Oct 17 18:10:24 EDT 2012

It seems the mouse is missing only in Ed, so I assume Ed is using some MV functions as the arrow keys don't work either. I tried Ultimuse, which doesn't require MV and the mouse works fine. The arrow keys are woking in my Sound Chaser. Since Ed is my editor of choice at the moment, I'll probably go back to cowin.

Also, I noticed on a fresh boot, on 2 different installations of VCC, both boots are reporting $EC blocks of mem, the one with cogrf, has only 50 modules in it's boot. The one with cowin has 57 modules in it's boot. This makes the cowin boot using less memory? Or jus coincidence that the modules fell in place on the right boundries?
Something else I notice, that I hadn't noticed before. The cowin boot doesn't have sysgo in memory. The cogrf boot does. The cowin boot is a Boisy/Becker boot, the other is pretty much a standard Emu boot.
Does the Boisy/Beckker boot not use sysgo?

Also, VCC gives the option of setting the Coco to 8 megs of memory. According to mfree NitrOS9 only sees 2 meg. Is this just a limit of mfree or does Nitro need something patched to use the 8 meg.

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com