[Coco] apparently an incomplete errmsg file

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Oct 16 21:03:54 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 16 October 2012 20:53:15 Chris Hawks did opine:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:20:48 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 October 2012 19:12:23 Gene Heskett did opine:
> > > Greetings everybody running nitros9;
> > >
> > > I'm trying to put together a boot floppy for nitros9 level 3.
> > >
> > > I can get it to go so far as displaying the module list on the boot
> > > screen, but it only gets as far as the i2xto*]
> > >
> > > AIUI, that ] is the error code, and is ascii 93.  Unforch, my errmsg
> > > file does not define an error 93, so it would have to be a recent
> > > addition.
> > >
> > > Anybody have a clue what the heck an error 93 actually is?
> >
> > Doh!  Add $80, get 221, module not found.  Now, if we just had a clue
> > WHAT module wasn't found.  Sigh.  That boot contains every module
> > that a working right now level2 with dw boot contains, just
> > re-arranged to fit the level3 idea of Alan DeKok's layout.
> >
> > I am wondering if, despite his putting all the scf descriptors into
> > normal memory, the dw related stuff needs to be in the scf memory.
> > Next test I guess...
> >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Cheers, Gene
> >
> > Cheers, Gene
>
> Gene:
>
> 	According to the boot explaination (attached w/ unix EOLs), It
> looks like it can't open the console.
>
> i means is about to link to the Init module
> 2 means krnp2 has started
> x means it is about to chd to the system device
> (t is printed because F$Boot was called again)
> o means it is about to open the console
> * means an error occured (in this case, couldn't open the console)

That much I have grokked now Christopher.  The $64k question is why.

From the hints in Aaron's msg, I moved all the dw stuff back into normal
memory just now with no effect, still a *]=module not found.  But ANAICT,
there is no way to coax it into telling us what module it couldn't find.
That bit of info would be like magic.  I think its in the bootfile, but
doesn't wind up in memory the descriptors information can reach.

I have the 2 page guide Alan wrote (thanks), but all the names in that are
1995 names.  For instance, WindInt isn't supposed to be in special memory,
but what are the names of the broken up pieces of windint today?  Big
puzzle.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where,
it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.
		-- Fran Lebowitz