[Coco] DSKINI sounds

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Mon Oct 15 16:16:20 EDT 2012

On Oct 15, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> WD-40 dries to a wax folks, it is only a temporary lubricant.  Any problems
> you fix with wd-40 will be a short lived fix, plus you get it all over heck
> unless you spray it o a q-tip away from the drive.

WD-40 is not really a lubricant. The WD stands for Water Displacement and was
developed during one of the missile programs (Atlas I think.) It was used to coast
products to keep them from rusting during storage of parts. One of the main missile
contractors was on the coast and had severe corrosion problems of parts waiting
to be assembled. I worked for a Military contractor near the coast and unprotected
metals would develop a surface rust overnight, so we used to coat unpainted metals
with this stuff. Since I was the poor soul who usually got stuck doing the rust removal
I made sure stuff got sprayed or oiled as soon as I saw it on the Dock.