[Coco] DSKINI sounds

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Mon Oct 15 14:26:06 EDT 2012

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:16:43 -0400
From: Retro Canada<retrocanada76 at gmail.com>

yeah you can try to put a little WD40 on the head rails. My drive was
grinding and I had to do that. After 30 years all the lubrification
has dried out.

Good call, but remember, WD-40 isn't a good lubricant! It works, but only for a short time. It's mainly a water displacing (hence "WD" -- 40 is for the 40th formula tried) lubricant. It's not a very good penetrating oil either. It has some lubricant in it, just not much. A household oil or a few drops of motor oil would be better (apply with a cotton swap), but spray white lithium grease is the best. Be sparing with it! It sticks and lasts a long time. May have to spray a bit in the cap and apply that with a cotton swab (Q-tip).

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine