[Coco] DW4 problems

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 23:38:06 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Bob Devries <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Robert.
> That worked, but made no difference to the problems. I'm still getting bad
> checksums (which seem to be ignored), and time-out, which causes an ERROR
> #245.
>
> @Aaron,
> would the fact that I'm running this on a PAL coco3 make any difference? I'm
> not sure what the clock2 module does in the drivewire boot, or whether the
> clock module is in fact supposed to be for 60Hz working?

I wouldn't think so, the timing for the i/o is based on instruction
cycles.. those don't change in a 50hz system do they, same cpu crystal
right?  Excuse my ignorance, guessing only the video stuff changes but
what do I know :)

What kind of hard drive are you copying from?  I have only the
superIDE here, and tests with it seem to work OK but I need to do some
more.  I know Gene's hdd is an uncommon one...  wondering if maybe the
DW driver and the hdd driver don't get along in your cases, some
timing thing that only rears its head under stressful constant use?

Given enough info and time I'm sure we can sort this out and make
everything work properly, but I'm having a hard time getting a test
case where I can recreate the issue put together so far.