[Coco] unsilly Q about the os9 startup file

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Oct 11 03:33:59 EDT 2012

On Thursday 11 October 2012 03:27:29 Aaron Wolfe did opine:

> On Oct 11, 2012 12:30 AM, "Bob Devries" <devries.bob at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Gene,
> >
> > should the inetd command be ended with & ?Will that fix the problem of
> > it
>
> locking the drive? Dunno, just my $0.02
>

> This is almost certainly what needs to be done.  Inetd likes to play
> with lots of io paths and fork around.  Probably makes anything trying
> to be stdin/out to it upset or confused.  I usually send inetd to w7
> and let it do its thing there.

It is being launched as 'inetd &' now, and its output comes out on
/Term_80, mixed with some other stuff as there is also a shell available
there, but which doesn't seem to be adequate.

Due to running out of system ram, I only have w, w1, w2, w3 and w4 in the
bootfile.

Can you post those line(s) from your startup file please?

Thanks Aaron.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Microsoft just released a new product:
	Microsoft Windows for Windows(TM).
The ultimate Windows emulator for the Windows platform! Only $900!