[Coco] NitrOS-9 Nightly Build -- Where we are

Willi Kusche CoCo at wilserv.com
Wed Oct 10 12:58:08 EDT 2012

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Boisy wrote:
> Here's the skinny: the move to lwasm has apparently broken the build of NitrOS-9 due to the difference between lwasm and
> mamou in processing definition settings on the command line.  Mamou's rule is that the command line takes precedence over
> the same name in the source; lwasm's is just the opposite.
> William Astle is the lwasm author.  I've asked him how difficult it would be to change lwasm to accommodate the behavior that
> mamou has (as an extension to lwasm, not to replace it). He claims it wouldn't be easy to change, and is not open to
> changing it in any case.
> That leaves us with two options:
> 1) Abandon lwasm and go back to mamou

    I'm for that option, for a selfish reason.  I've been
disassembling the modules comprising the OS-9 released for the
Stellation II Mill card for the Apple II in an attempt to create
source that matches available source for OS-9/NitrOS-9.  I've become
VERY comfortable with "MAMOU".  One vote for "MAMOU"!

Willi