[Coco] NitrOS-9 Nightly Build -- Where we are

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Oct 10 11:21:23 EDT 2012

Here's the skinny: the move to lwasm has apparently broken the build of NitrOS-9 due to the difference between lwasm and mamou in processing definition settings on the command line.  Mamou's rule is that the command line takes precedence over the same name in the source; lwasm's is just the opposite.

William Astle is the lwasm author.  I've asked him how difficult it would be to change lwasm to accommodate the behavior that mamou has (as an extension to lwasm, not to replace it). He claims it wouldn't be easy to change, and is not open to changing it in any case.

That leaves us with two options:

1) Abandon lwasm and go back to mamou
2) Change the affected sources to wrap code like this:

XXX SET 3

to:

  IFEQ SET
XXX SET 3
  ENDC

It's actually not that cut and clear in every case, but in general, that's what is needed.

The likelihood of me fixing the project in the next two months is very small.  I'm just too busy to deal with it right now.  I'm hoping someone can step up and get the project into shape so that it can assemble properly with lwasm, because I'm really committed that toolset.