[Coco] NitrOS-9/6309 Level 1

Ken H. dragon.atv at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 17:29:17 EDT 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> Neither have I. I do have a makefile in /opt/nitros9/level1/tano, but its
> first breakage is its hardcoded to look for rules.mak in /rules.mak. so
> obviously the makefile will need massaged to locate rules.mak properly.
>
> Since in my copy of the repo, many months old, has rules.mak in
> /opt/nitros9/rules.mak (this is linux), and this makefile is in
> /opt/nitros9/level1/tano, start by editing the makefile to look for
> rules.mak relatively, eg set that string with an editor to
> "../../rules.mak", without the quotes of course.  Then in this tano
> directory, do "make dsk",  It will either work, or point you at the next
> problem with its error.

Actually, the makefile makes reference to $(NITROS9DIR)/rules.mak

Once I defined NITROS9DIR as an environment variable pointing to the
nitros9 source dir, I have been able to complete the build without any
errors.
I have used "export NITROS9DIR=/opt/nitros9" (I'm building on Mac OSX) to
define the environment variable.
Then using make dsk I have been able to build the boot disks (this is for
6809 Level 1 Tano).

Unfortunately, these boot disks won't boot or even display the Nitros9 boot
screen.
This may be related to the general problem the current nightly build has
that has been already reported on the list, or a specific problem with the
Tano Dragon build.
I guess I should wait for an updated nightly build and continue from there.
Ken