[Coco] NitrOS-9/6309 Level 1

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Oct 7 15:18:28 EDT 2012

On Sunday 07 October 2012 15:04:45 Ken H did opine:

> Is there a build of NitrOS-9 Level 1 for the 6309? The NitrOS9
> documentation page indicates that such a version exists, but I couldn't
> find a way to build it.

Neither have I. I do have a makefile in /opt/nitros9/level1/tano, but its
first breakage is its hardcoded to look for rules.mak in /rules.mak. so
obviously the makefile will need massaged to locate rules.mak properly.

Since in my copy of the repo, many months old, has rules.mak in
/opt/nitros9/rules.mak (this is linux), and this makefile is in
/opt/nitros9/level1/tano, start by editing the makefile to look for
rules.mak relatively, eg set that string with an editor to
"../../rules.mak", without the quotes of course.  Then in this tano
directory, do "make dsk",  It will either work, or point you at the next
problem with its error.

Note the makefile currently specifies a 6809 cpu, but I would build that
until it builds clean before I'd change that to a 6309.

This might get you started.

> I have just installed a 6309 on my Tano Dragon. Very easy install as the
> 6809  is  socketed, but not really useful unless I can run
> NitrOS-9/6309 Level 1 on it.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
What is irritating about love is that it is a crime that requires an
accomplice.
		-- Charles Baudelaire