[Coco] Problem with "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts"?

Fri Oct 5 12:52:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

There many times IMHO readers of the "CoCoList for Color Computer
Enthusiasts" using Gmane than the very small number of mailing list members,
~ 400.

That's why the echo is so important. And it is working again, I got ~ 80 new
messages from Gmane today.

Do you think the numbers of CoCo interested persons is only 400? The CoCo
world is not that small for sure considering the number of CoCo sold.

The mailing list archive may be used by some people, but Gmane is the public
replacement for "bit.listserv.CoCo". Actually, it is best that the general
public NOT read the list archive.

That was why the echo was set up.

I use Gmane to search for old messages using Windows Mail (Outlook Express
replacement), it's search is much better than Gmane's online search.

The traffic for my webpage shows up as a spike when I announce a new
addition to the list.

There is a continual number of visits that shows that many people are
reading Gmane.

Duplicated functionality, not at all. We are not a closed community!

SHF