[Coco] NitrOS9 VHD under MESS

Mike Rowen mike at bcmr3.net
Thu Oct 4 10:06:59 EDT 2012

Hi Robert,

I don't have your URL, but would like to have it. :) I successfully built a
boot floppy that includes EmuDsk and the H0 descriptor. I can access the
VHD, but of course I still am booting from /D0. If I understand you
correctly, what you are suggesting is that I create a DECB partition on the
HD that contains a boot image, that is built using a different boot module
(one that knows about the partition offset).

So my immediate questions would be;

What and where is this alternate boot module?
How does the partition offest get assigned to the boot module?
How do I format/partition my HD to create the DECB portion of the HD?

I think HDBDOS includes utilties to do this exact thing, but at the time, I
simply ran the included the utility to do this. I am interested in knowing
how to do this "manually" to better understand the workings of the
environment. Thanks.

Cheers,
-Mike