[Coco] Raspberry Delight

john dumas JohnDumas at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 1 16:33:50 EDT 2012

A while back, there was a discussion of using the RaspberryPI for dw4
interface. But didn't see much followup. I got my slice of the raspberry
pi(e)
a couple of weeks ago and was surprised how easy it was to get it running
off an old laptop disk in a USB case. Even worked 1st time for a Fumble-
Fingered Septuagenarian. Amazing!

What I am wondering is "will dw4 run on the arm6 version of java?"
The Java Priesthood always say that if something runs under Java on one
platform, it will run under Java on ALL platforms. Do that be true? Or does
dw4 use something that is machine specific? (certain widgets or such).
I believe that there is only one version for all platforms. Yes?
But does it, perhaps, test for the OS it runs under?  Or no?

I would really like to use the RPI to serve my coco3fpga. Two little boards
hiding in a small box and doing coco. How neat.......BTTF.

cheers,
johnd