[Coco] Rainbow Index OCR

Mon Oct 1 02:51:25 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have been hit by non CoCo work so I will be delayed with the Rainbow Index
OCR project work somewhat.

What is important is that Luis has spent a lot of time and effort in
cleaning up the "rainbow-index.pdf" OCR and I want the word to get out
without more delay. Original file size was ~ 168 MB!

His efforts have improved the OCRing to the point that the file size is now
down to ~ 3.5 MB. This should make searches produce even better results.

I have named his effort:

"Rainbow Index OCR Alpha 1.pdf"

and have placed it as a link on the web page I have created for the project.

http://cococoding.com/rainbowindex/

Luis has amazed me again with what he can do and has done. Thank you Luis
again.

Reports good and bad about the OCR Index are requested so if necessary
re-scans can be done.

With the smaller font Rainbow used for 1990, 1991 and 1992 they need to be
checked carefully. I have already scanned 1990 and 1991 at 1200 DPI but the
1992 issue is AWOL.

SHF