[Coco] An interesting Korean CoCo2 - 26-3134 (no 'A' or 'B')

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Fri Nov 16 09:26:13 EST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Blake"

> On 11/16/2012 8:04 AM, Bruce W. Calkins wrote:
>>
>> You are describing the last CoCo 2 board version which should carry the
>> 26-3127B model number.  As well most of this version had Tandy on both
>> the front emblem and on the label on the bottom. The 26-3127A generally
>> said Tandy on the front and Radio Shack on the bottom label.  Only the
>> 26-3127B had the upgraded T1 video chip.
>>
>> Bruce W.
>
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I'll have to double check, but, I'm 99.99999% sure the top label says
> Radio Shack, and the model number is definitely 26-3134. That doesn't mean
> someone didn't do a board transplant at some point (maybe there was a
> problem and the owner took it to get serviced and someone at RS decided it
> needed a new board?). I know it's not an earth shattering find, but, this
> one kinda surprised me since it was so different than my other CoCo2
> models. This one does not have the upgraded video chip, either.
>

> Brian
>
> --

Well, with a nearly 30 year old machine without a detailed service record,
almost anything is possable.  There may even have been some crossover boards
as they shifted from one board version to another.

I have 4 Oldsmobiles between 1981 and 1985.  Two are in daily service and
two are for parts.  It never ceases to "amuse" me how one bolt will be
metric and the same bolt on another car will be SAE.  Let alone that none of
the cars are all metric or SAE.

Bruce W.