[Coco] YAS (Yet Another Survey)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Nov 3 10:05:00 EDT 2012

On Saturday 03 November 2012 09:47:56 Rogelio Perea did opine:

> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> So my question is, are there any other users of this os9/nitros9 serial
>
> > mouse out there?
>
> Had heard about using a serial mouse with OS9 but never took to checking
> it out, now I have to Gene, my RS232 pak is sitting doing nothing so I
> might as well put it to work. Will see about it this weekend.

ATM, the packs hdwe address is hard coded in joydrv_6551L.sb, but that is
easily changed with dEd.  The address is in the last int of the mod
statement, $FF6C. Change the 6C, probably to a 68 & 'v' it in dEd. You
probably need to get a db25-db9 adaptor.  The serial mice of that day
already had a db9 connector on the cable.  Problems?  Yell & I'll see what
I can do. :)

Because the coco's desk layout doesn't leave much of a place to run the
mouse on, and the cable, coming out of the front of the mouse was taking a
beating against the MPI, I rerouted the cable out of the back of the mouse
and got so used to it a front cable mouse on any machine feels strange.
Here on this linux box, my mice & keyboards have been tailless for years.

Those mice were generally slow, so it needs 6 to 8" of running room.

Thanks Rogelio.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can
be tolerated only in race horses and women.
		-- Lord Kelvin