[Coco] source of +5v on coco to drive HxC floppy emulator?

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:41:01 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Brian Sturk <bsturk at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've done some searching on the web and it seems the only port(s) on my
> Coco3
> that can supply +5V are the joystick ports.  I need +5V and approximately
> .5
> amps of current to drive the HxC floppy emulator which I plan on using
> with my
> Coco.  That seems like a lot of current for a joystick, but I haven't been
> able to find out if that is suitable or not.
>
> Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

You could also tap 12 volts and use a resistor to drop the voltage to
5V. But from what I recall, the PS is pretty taxed already, so a
wall-wart might be a better idea... I ripped/replaced the PS in my
customized CoCo with a small AT-style PS from an old Packard Bell.
About the only thing that PB was ever good for ;)

--
Rod Barnhart