[Coco] Are MC68B09E's and HM63C09E's as well as various support chips still available?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri May 25 14:46:52 EDT 2012

On Friday, May 25, 2012 02:29:51 PM Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Fri, 25 May 2012, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Friday, May 25, 2012 08:52:23 AM Mike Rowen did opine:
> >> John,
> >>
> >> I enjoy reading your posts, but your skills are lightyears ahead of
> >> mine and I can't really contribute to the conversation. Is there an
> >> emoticon for envy?? :) Keep up the great FPGA work!
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> -Mike

> > I'm with you folks, but the devel kits from either maker will not
> > install or build on this particular version of linux.  So my chances
> > of doing anything useful, at least until I switch distros, are pretty
> > close to zip.
>
> It can be a bit of a battle, but I've had Quartus 9.1 and Xilinx ISE
> 10.1 working fine (in 32-bit mode) on Ubuntu 10.04 for a few years.
>
> I tend to avoid the bleeding edge, and generally run out the LTS
> (long-term support) versions of Ubuntu until I absolutely have to
> update.

I wouldn't mind that if I was used to ubuntu, which I should be as both of
my cnc machines run linuxcnc from a ubuntu-10-04 LTS install.  Now that
nearly all distro's are using synaptic, perhaps I could make the switch.
but I can't find my round-tuit.

For one, I have yet to take a script that works fine here every 3 minutes,
and make it work on a ubuntu box without heavy editing.  I'd have to re-
invent 95% of the scripts I use that make life bearable.

For instance, kmail doesn't pull mail here, fetchmail does, getting rid of
the infamous kmail lockups while its off getting the mail.  Little things.
It hands the incoming mail off to procmail which checks for some unwanted
stuff, shuffling it off to a hungry black hole, then runs it past clamav
and spamassassin before telling kmail via a dbus message that there is a
new message for it to get in /var/spool/mail/gene.  So I don't have to putz
with any of that.  Oh, and mailfilter checks my inbox on the pop servers
before fetchmail looks, nuking what fits known spammer stuff.  The spammers
change so fast that keeping that database up to date is an hours work every
other day, so it isn't done as often as it should be.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Consultation, n.:
	Medical term meaning "to share the wealth."