[Coco] Are MC68B09E's and HM63C09E's as well as various support chips still available?

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Thu May 24 00:25:08 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Computer Doc wrote:
> Greetings All.  I feel like I've found a wealth of information on the
> Motorola 8-bit chips as well as the Hitachi 63C09E chip and all the COCOs as
> well.  I have all three cocos, 1,2 and 3.  Several months back, I recently
> came across Grant's 6-chip 6809 computer which inspired me to breadboard his
> design, then improve it for my own interests. However I need a source for
> 2mhz versions of the Motorola 68B09E, 68B50, 68B21(22) parts as well as a
> 4mhz version of Hitachi's 63C09E part.

I have found UTSource.net to be a pretty good place for old parts at
reasonable prices.  You do have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for shipment from
Asia however.  Many of their items can also be found on eBay.  A quick
search revealed these:

<http://ebayitem.com/120871749457>
<http://ebayitem.com/120871751345>
<http://ebayitem.com/120901260582>

I didn't see any of the HD63C09E on eBay, but you could try requesting
a quote on their web site.

Darren