[Coco] Are MC68B09E's and HM63C09E's as well as various support chips still available?

Computer Doc computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Wed May 23 23:47:49 EDT 2012

Greetings All.  I feel like I've found a wealth of information on the
Motorola 8-bit chips as well as the Hitachi 63C09E chip and all the COCOs as
well.  I have all three cocos, 1,2 and 3.  Several months back, I recently
came across Grant's 6-chip 6809 computer which inspired me to breadboard his
design, then improve it for my own interests. However I need a source for
2mhz versions of the Motorola 68B09E, 68B50, 68B21(22) parts as well as a
4mhz version of Hitachi's 63C09E part.  I plan to expand Grant's 6-chip 6809
computer considerably into a multi-megabyte ram with floppy drives as well
as a hard disk based system running OS9 Level I then Level II later. I am
still interested in all things Coco especially the Coco 3, but I want to
build my own system.  I didn't have the funds or the knowledge in the 80's,
but going through my old coco stuff recently reinspired me.  I am very much
into Motorola 8-bit microprocessors and only recently found out about the
Hitachi 63C09E processor replacement for the MC68B09E chip, I hope not too
late.  Has anyone recreated the 6809 or the 6309 in one of the FPGAs as a
separate chip for inclusion in a breadboard design?  I'm glad to have found
others that are into the Coco 3 as much I was and am again.  Have a great
day and may God Richly Bless You all.  Thank you all in advance.

Kip

Computer Doc