[Coco] 65k colours serial VGA module

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon May 21 08:11:37 EDT 2012

I have seen the older module and it has been around for over three years now. The newer
module seems to have better features. The older version had really limited usage for the
COCO. Besides cost it would have been basically a serial implentation of the GIME chip and
would not been a significant upgrade to what we had in terms of speed versus graphics
capability.

This newer module is a bit more interesting. The bare chip cost is impressive. Could it be
heart of a graphics system that you can build around? Maybe, as long as the serial interface
is fast enough. Can the microprocessor can run fast enough to transfer datqa fast enough as
to not bog down the system just to do transfer of data to the module.

james