[Coco] regrets

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Fri May 18 00:29:37 EDT 2012

I hope my comments about potentially limited bandwidth wasn't taken to imply
that a webcast would be "hogging" the available bandwidth. What I meant is that
there may not be enough bandwidth available to effectively cast the fest and the
amount of bandwidth available was out of our control. Again I'm not an officer of
the group but I have sat in on most of the meeting over the last number of years and know for
a fact that not only is there no objection to casting the fest but we are happy to
see that someone is picking up the ball and doing it. The local group hasn't done it
in the past becuase we don't have the equipment or knowledge to do it.

My concern about casting the fest is that it could reduce the number of people attending.
In the past other have expressed that same concern. In the end I'm only one equal voice
and my issues with casting the fest has to do with the way I look on camera :-) and a
shrinking concern that it will reduce attendance. The reality is that the fest is paid for
by the people that show up. After we figure out how to cast the fest maybe we can explore
ways for the people that can't attend but watch the casts to contribute to the fest as well
as help support our vendors! Finding a way to allow viewers to participate in the auction
would be great!!

As I was typing this it occured to me that a good way to help support the vendors trying
to sell product would be to spend a time a few times a day with each and let them talk about
the products they're offering as well as providing information on how to order products. Again
just a thought on how to help the people that pay the bills for the fest!

The Other Frank

PS - I have a drivewire challange for you that I'd like to talk to you about. :-)