[Coco] values other than 0 or 1 for byte 14 of decb dir entry

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Mar 26 05:41:42 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:
> One aside. CoCoMaxIII will not work with RGBDOS nor HDBDOS. You need a pure
> Tandy DOS.

I believe I ran into something like this with Extended ADOS-3 and CoCo
Max 3.  Turned out to not be a code incompatibility at all, but an
incompatibility with using a 16K 27128 EPROM in the controller.  If
I'm recalling correctly, even standard Tandy Disk Basic is
incompatible with CoCo Max 3 if it is burned into a 27128 rather than
an 8K EPROM.  Seems CoCo Max 3 looks for the disk ROM code to start at
$E000 rather than $C000 which doesn't affect anything if you are using
an 8K EPROM on account of ghosting, but crashes CoCo Max 3 if a 16K
EPROM is in use.

This incompatibility is fixable with a single-byte change to CoCo Max
3, I believe.  The Ext. ADOS-3 documentation may have this fix in it.

Art