[Coco] values other than 0 or 1 for byte 14 of decb dir entry

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Mar 26 01:32:08 EDT 2012

Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Yes, cocomax III is the disk that seems to be strange than any other.
>
> Copy protection?

It is not copy protection with CoCoMaxIII as they tell you to make a backup of
the original disk and never use the original.

I've looked at the directory on the CM3 3.5 disk and the two files that have
funny values for byte $0E are system files. In fact, I've changed those values
to $00 and it did not alter the way the program behaves.

One aside. CoCoMaxIII will not work with RGBDOS nor HDBDOS. You need a pure
Tandy DOS.