[Coco] Starting DW4

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Mar 26 01:21:22 EDT 2012

Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> Sometimes the default memory limit on Java VMs is very small.  To fix,
> edit the file DW4UI.sh and allocate yourself enough ram to hold the
> image + 8MB for DW itself.
>
> You will see a line like:
>
> java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar DW4UI.jar --backup&
>
> Change this to:
>
> java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Xmx256m  -jar DW4UI.jar --backup&
>
> for instance to allocate 256mb.  This doesn't mean it will necessarily
> use 256mb, just that it can if it needs to.  You can view memory use
> with the same dw s st command or via the graph on the server tab.

That has not been necessary on my Windows XP system. Both DW3 and the current
DW4 will work with the .vhd disks used with MESS and VCC without changing anything.

=======

Richard,

Are you referring to the .vhd disk on the VCC site? If so, are you interested in
the NitrOS-9 section or the Disk Basic section of the .vhd images?

Once you solve your size problem, you will need to do some fiddling to get the
.vhd images to work the way they do with VCC or MESS.