[Coco] Starting DW4

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 00:02:10 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Richard E. Crislip
<rcrislip at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> OK, I did D/L some OS9 VHDs, but when I try to mount them I get a message that
> they are too big. I am sure that is because I am trying to mount them to the
> virtual FD, how do I make them available to the CoCo via DW? TIA
>
> BTW I am running the Linux based DW ifthat makes any difference and the DW S ST
> command does confirm that the PC is running its serial port at 115.2.

Sometimes the default memory limit on Java VMs is very small.  To fix,
edit the file DW4UI.sh and allocate yourself enough ram to hold the
image + 8MB for DW itself.

You will see a line like:

java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar DW4UI.jar --backup &

Change this to:

java -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Xmx256m  -jar DW4UI.jar --backup &

for instance to allocate 256mb.  This doesn't mean it will necessarily
use 256mb, just that it can if it needs to.  You can view memory use
with the same dw s st command or via the graph on the server tab.