[Coco] values other than 0 or 1 for byte 14 of decb dir entry

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 02:29:38 EDT 2012

Hi,

According to my docs, bytes 14 and 15 are the number of bytes used in
the last sector of the file.
Since we have sectors of only 256 bytes, I think that means you'd
either see 0 in 14 and any value in 15, or 1 in 14 with 0 in 15.

That rule holds true for a vast majority of the disk images I have
here, however there are some disks with files that seem to be claiming
to use more than 256 bytes in their last sector.  I'm not sure what
this means.  Am I misinterpreting the docs?

I've values of 2, 7 and 8 in byte 14, and a couple instances of a 1 in
14 and a non zero value in 15.

-Aaron