[Coco] Dummy's guide to DriveWire?

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:37:22 EDT 2012

The PC I have dedicated to support my CoCo (.DSK imaging real disks, EPROM
burning, etc.) is running Win'98.

On that note, I've taken a glance at the DriveWire 4 site.  Looks
interesting....if complicated.  I think I grasp the idea behind DriveWire,
essentially to give it remote access to virtual drives, virtual modem, etc.
I'm not sure if I could get it up on a Win'98 box.  I guess I would need a
serial cable from my CoCo to the PC, so I would have to make one or figure
out where to acquire one...and what about programs or ROM's to actually
enable the DriveWire support on the CoCo?  I didn't see any discussion of
this on the site or in the DriveWire download files.

I apologize though, I realize I might have a better idea of how to go about
getting it running if I had been paying real attention to the DriveWire
related threads.  Just trying to determine if it would be worth the effort
to add in DriveWire ability to my setup.