[Coco] Read Coco floppies in my PC

Tue Mar 20 17:24:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

Is your OS Win 2K, XP, Vista, W7 or W8?

http://www.allbootdisks.com/download/dos.html

Has just about any MSDOS boot disk you might want.

http://www.search.com/search?q=MSDOS+Floppy+images

To run Jeff or John's emulator, unzip it under windows.

Then boot MSDOS and type C: or whichever drive you have copied the files to.

I copied the boot disk files to "C:\DOS\MSDOS".

Then using a MSDOS command I forgot the name of, OS-9's CHX, you can switch
to "C:\DOS\MSDOS" or the folder with the emulator and remove the floppy.

Then RETRIEVE.EXE can be run. ("OS9" for me almost all the time.)

But if your computer does not have 5.25" drives, you are limited to 3.5"
floppies.

No problem for me as I copied all my 5.25" floppies to 3.5" ones!

With the failure of my Win 95 laptop, I may have to use my weather computer,
but it is running 24/7/366, for many years now, Win 2K. (With some BIOS
problems.)