[Coco] Coco on the internet

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Fri Mar 16 18:43:42 EDT 2012

You can do it in text-only mode by using the CoCo to log in to a
machine that can run Lynx.  There was a short period of time in the
early days of the internet when I used this as my primary method of
accessing the web, via my university's mainframe with my CoCo set up
to emulate a VT-100 terminal.

Lots of sites didn't work very well in text-only mode--got very used
to a certain assortment of error messages--but it worked pretty nicely
with search engines.

Art