[Coco] Prototyping boards/breadboards for coco cartridge port.

Patrick Wilson gotitdownpat at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 15:12:52 EDT 2012

Steven, I don't know of anyone who has one, but if you cannot locate one you could fabricate it yourself.  What you would need to do is make or obtain a 40 pin (20 pin double-sided) card edge or card edge (male) connector, some ribbon cable and an appropriate connector to the prototype board.  you would also need to buffer the lines on the board to protect the CoCo.  You could then use either a 6820 or equivalent, or an 8255 PPI chip (that is typically what i used) to facilitate the port interface.  Neither of which is hard to program.  There are probably articles on how to do so available on line or in the forums.  I used to use my 8255 based protoboard to build all sorts of things...   hope that helps.

Pat