[Coco] CoCo keyboard connector

haywire666 at aol.com haywire666 at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 13:40:18 EST 2012

I'm trying to build a coco powered mobile robot.

This talk about the keyboard makes me wonder if I could use all the keys (since they are just momentary switches) to
create a large horde of digital inputs for sensors for my project?

For my project, I need alot of hmmm... limit switches? To let the computer know for example,
the arm is all the way up or all the way down and so on. Thats going to take a very large amount of
inputs...

There could also be limit switches telling it the head is all the way left or right, bump switches around the motorized
base and so on...

As I recall, its a mess trying to solder to the keyboard connector though to try this?

Has anyone done anything like that before?

Steven