[Coco] CoCo keyboard connector

hhos at st-tel.net hhos at st-tel.net
Sun Mar 4 13:12:24 EST 2012

> Hey, is there a tech manual online somewhere? I'm interested in how the
> CoCo keyboard connector works. I know it went to a thin mylar connector
> for the CoCo 3, but wasn't it a ribbon cable for the CoCo 1?

I haven't found any PDF tech manuals on-line for the CoCo's, which
surprises me.  There are certainly a lot of others that have been
documented on-line. I have a technical reference for the CoCo1/2/3. I can
send you some scanned schematics, if you wish?

> Are the CoCo keys just switches, that open/close contacts and it's read as
> an X by Y matrix of switches?
> -

Yes, they are just momentary contact switches in X/Y. They are laid out
the same as the CoCo3. I know there are schematics of that readily
available on-line. The CoCo1 doesn't have all the keys that the CoCo3
does, though.

HH