[Coco] Mission Accomplished!

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Fri Mar 2 08:29:22 EST 2012

Steve,

It sure was challenging to assemble!  Mark recommended that we go with a big ground plane for electrical stability with vias going through at various points.  We did that, and it did make assembling more challenging.  However, subsequent runs will be solder masked, so that won't be an issue.

The current dimensions of the board are 6.3cm(w) x  9.7cm(h). However, 4.2cm of the 9.7cm height is just wasted board with the lettering on it.  We had to use that dimension as per the board manufacturer we went with for these prototypes.  My guess is that we can shrink the subsequent board even more on the width since we're optimizing the support logic into a single chip.  Just a guess, but we can probably get away with hacking off a cm, so I would think 5.3cm(w) x 5.5cm(h) would be a good target.

Best Regards,
Boisy G. Pitre

Join our forums at http://www.tee-boy.com/forums/ to exchange ideas and information with other WeatherSnoop enthusiasts.