[Coco] Off Topic but neato "Tiny $35 Raspberry Pi computer causes big stir on launch day"

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Mar 1 00:25:10 EST 2012

On Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:14:43 AM Chester A Patterson did opine:

> Oh dear, not my intention to start a "6x09 vs. other" debate!
> My thinking is "perhaps this little do-dad is the start of something for
> youngsters today like the Coco was for me in the middle 80's"

I agree 100% Chester.  The question now is, will the school systems off
with the money (and manpower that is NOT a windows drone) to see it do some
real good.  With the feds having the schools under their all seeing thumb,
which can't change direction now except by congressional mandate, usually
without the funding, I have relatively little real hope that it will make a
difference 5 years down the logs.

Don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic if it did take off.

Will it do me a lot of good?  Excellent question, Chester, given that I
have some other irons needing my limited remaining time.  Diabetics have no
warranty, and my sugar is headed sky high regardless of how I eat the last
3 or 4 weeks.  So my efforts ATM are being concentrated on CNC'ing my
little toy 7x12 lathe.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Little girls, like butterflies, need no excuse.
		-- Lazarus Long