[Coco] OS9 display server added to DW4

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 27 14:03:03 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 27 June 2012 13:57:29 L. Curtis Boyle did opine:

> Way way back... there was a terminal program (called OS9Term) written by
> a friend of mine for DOS (and uploaded to Compuserve at the time) that
> did a lot of the OS9 display codes as well, including overlay windows
> and screen resolution changes. It was good enough to play a few text
> window games and run some text editors over the serial port.
>
> L. Curtis Boyle
> curtisboyle at sasktel.net

That also would have been nice to know about, particularly if the src was
still available and I could build it for linux. wine can't access hardware,
so the executable probaly wouldn't be much good.

My inability to run an editor on a minicom screen sucks.  OTOH, I suspect
this may be less resource intensive on the coco end of the wire, so I am
rather enthusiastic.  I don't have it running yet of course, I am just now
bringing a new ubuntu 10.04-4 LTS 32 bit install to life, working on my web
page next, which is not up yet.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: