[Coco] Oscillator Circuits needed for EF68B09P 2MHZ versions I recently received

Computer Doc computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Jun 7 01:28:18 EDT 2012

Dear All,

Thank you John Kent for that acute observation! :)  I appreciate it.  I
should have noticed that, but for some reason I didn't.   I have been
looking for several days, since receiving your email, for the datasheet for
Thomson's EF68B09P chip, but I can't seem to locate one.  I want to build
Grant Searle's 6-Chip 6809 Computer as my first 6809 project since it has
the fewest parts count for any 6809 computer running Basic that I have ever
seen!  I'm not a Computer Electronics Engineer, but I love to learn from
other people's projects and then modify them for what I think might be
interesting.  The datasheet for Motorola's MC6809 processor utilizes a
crystal connected to pins 38 & 39 along with two capacitors connected from
each pin to ground as you all know.  I could not find any new MC68B09P chips
anywhere, so when I spotted the EF68B09P chip on ebay, I went ahead and
ordered it thinking it used a crystal also.  Since the EF68B09EP doesn't,
maybe the EF68B09P doesn't either.  So for right now, I have two EF68B09Ps
that I can't use yet.  Any help finding the datasheet on the EF68B09P
version would be much appreciated.  Evidently I've not yet found the "magic"
6809 part number for the search engine to locate it.  I can't hardly wait to
start building it.  Have a good day everybody. :)

Kip