[Coco] Oscillator Circuits needed for EF68B09P 2MHZ versions I recently received

John Kent jekent at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 3 02:51:07 EDT 2012

Althought the link suggests the data sheet is for a EF6809P, the png
image on the web site says EF6809E. Often the datasheet web sites get
their data sheets mixed up. As Gene said the 6809E requires external
clock generation which might be what you were referring to. I didn't
want to have to register with the site to check which data sheet it was.

The 6809E need an external quadrature (90 degree phase shifted) clock,
to generate E and Q signals which might be what you were referring to.
Typically you use a 4 X clock and a dual JK flip flop to get the phasing
right. The 6800 is a little different in that the clock signals are 180
degrees out of phase and must not over lap i.e. the two phases should
never be high at the same time.

John.

--
http://www.johnkent.com.au