[Coco] Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Jun 6 13:48:14 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 11:24:55AM -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> Speaking of retrocomputing history books and the like, I've heard
> good stories about "Racing the Beam" about the Atari VCS, and have
> just purchased it.

"Racing the Beam" is awesome!  It has a great mix between meaty
technical detail and historical analysis to put things in perspective.
I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone with programming skill
and a retrocomputing interest.

Another book in the same "Platform Studies" series is "The Future
Was Here: The Commodore Amiga".  I recently finished it, and it also
is a great read.  It includes some projects/tutorials to illustrate
some of the material in the book.

John