[Coco] Mystery to me

John Orwen jorwen at neb.rr.com
Sat Jun 2 16:57:02 EDT 2012

I don't know why this occurs.  Maybe it is an issue unique to just my
particular setup.

I have VCC v1.42 setup and working just fine on a desktop with Windows 7
Ultimate installed as the OS.  I have created several virtual HD's (
.vhd's).  They all functions as they should.

I have recently installed and setup VCC v1.42 on a different desktop
with Windows XP installed as the OS.  If I copy any of the .vhd files
from the Win 7 machine to to a USB stick and then copy them from that to
the machine with Win XP, they are unreadable by VCC
on that machine.  VCC sees them as just blank formatted HD's.

But the reverse of that issue is just the opposite.  If I create and
format a .vhd with VCC on the machine with XP on it, copy it to a usb
stick and then to the machine with WIN 7 installed on it.  VCC reads the
contents just fine.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the reverse won't work.  Does
it have something to do with permissions in Win 7 that is confusing XP
that it will not correctly read the contents of the .vhd created with
VCC on Win7 machine ?

Has this occurred for anyone else that can shed some light on it.

John

--
John Orwen
NØGFB