[Coco] Coco Bus for my 6809 computer

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Jul 31 21:39:04 EDT 2012

On Tuesday 31 July 2012 21:18:37 Kip Koon did opine:

> Hello All,
>

> I'm also thinking of adding a coco bus to my computer.  I saw on the
> internet a pic of the pcb for an 8-slot MPI.  I need to contact this
> guy, but I don't remember seeing an email address for him.  Does anyone
> know this guy?
>

> Kip

Kip, I have no clue what has become of Little John, and I never managed to
get his part 2 of that project downloaded.  I am not sure it was ever made
available.  He had serious health problems from reading between the lines
of his dads posts, and while I never heard, it may have been that he ran
out of time, in which case I am sad, the brains appeared to be working
well.

I have no clue if the logic and timing is correct as OI didn't build it,
but part1of2.zip can be had from my web page, in the Genes-os9-stf link.  I
believe these are eagle files, probably for late 5.x fully licensed
versions of eagle.  I considered loading them up and feeding the result to
pcb2gcode, and it seems I did try once but the board was bigger than the
free version of eagle allowed, so I didn't push it any farther.  At the
speed of my milling machine, and likely the max limits of y motion, it may
have been too big for my machine to even attempt since it took about 3
hours per side of a board about 1.25"x2.1" that I made the spindle encoder
for my lathe on.

I could do a 4.5x9 board if I could make a pallet that flat over that large
an area, but that would likely be close to a weeks carving on each side.
Without a much higher speed spindle I can only carve at around 3" a minute.
Each trace removes the copper to about a thou below the glass surface and
perhaps 1.5 thou wide, the bit tips are very small.

Perhaps someone else has the part 2 files?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Bizoos, n.:
	The millions of tiny individual bumps that make up a basketball.
		-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"