[Coco] An MC68HC11A1P Based Computer Idea

john dumas JohnDumas at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 16:11:14 EDT 2012

On 7/18/2012 6:31 PM, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> Actually it closer to the MC6803 than the MC6809. Before the HC version there was an
> NMOS version called MC6811 that was based ont eh NMOS MC6803. Later the whole series
> was moved over to high speed CMOS, thus the HC11 series.
NMOS 6811????

I was in the the design group throughout that period & I remember no
such chip.
The 6801/03 was the forerunner of the HC11. Watched Jim Sib and crew
crystalize
the design from 6801 AND (mostly)delco's requirements. Never saw an NMOS
version or heard of anyone talking about an earlier NMOS 6811.
[In the early days of production when MOT was shipping a 20 dollar bill with
every hc11, I'm SURE that the management would have LOVED to have had an 11
in the mature NMOS technology!!!]

Do you have one to show?

cheers,
johnd